Madeira island news and views.
Christmas is coming! It’s time to celebrate!
Make the most of the holiday season and hold your Christmas festivities at the Clubhouse Restaurant. Be it family and friends, or company events, we will cater to your every need.Suggestion menus are attached.
Reservations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 291 603 747.
Let us be present for your Christmas!
See here our suggestions: Menu English
O Natal está a chegar! É época de festejar!
Celebre connosco a quadra natalícia. Temos o nosso Restaurante à vossa disposição. Junte os seus amigos, familiares, a sua empresa e delicie-se com as nossas sugestões de menus.
Faça a sua reserva através do e-mail email@example.com ou através do telefone 291 603 747.
Deixe-nos fazer parte do seu Natal! Aguardamos por si.
Consulte aqui as nossas sugestões: Menu Português
Palheiro Golf, Ilha da Madeira – no Top 200 Campos de Golfe Europeus – Revista Golf World.
O Palheiro Golf, na Madeira, foi incluído na nova lista de TOP 200 campos europeus da Golf World.
Revista líder da modalidade, o Golf World publicou recentemente a sua lista “top 200 na Europa” e oPalheiro Golf é um dos campos portugueses em destaque .
” Esta homenagem é especialmente gratificante, pois este ano comemoramos nosso 20 º aniversário e é o culminar do enorme trabalho que tem sido feito no campo ultimamente. Temos, agora, vista para o mar em todos os buracos do campo de golfe o que, a uma altitude de 500 metros, é raríssimo. O arquitecto de golfe Cabel Robinson fez um trabalho fantástico com este local maravilhoso, fazendopleno uso da sua envolvente única, implantado dentro do Palheiro Estate, uma herdade com 210 anos de história”, disse Jonathan Fletcher presidente do Palheiro Golf.
Actualmente o campo é visualmente ainda mais deslumbrante com as novas panorâmicas do mar, a vista para a montanha e as árvores centenárias dos Jardins do Palheiro.
O “200 Top campos de golfe no continente europeu” resulta de escolhas e classificações dadas por jornalistas especializados em golfe, sendo um ranking conferido de dois em dois anos, pela revista Golf World.
Palheiro Golf, Madeira Island – in Golf World´s TOP 200 European Courses.
Palheiro Golf in Madeira has been ranked in the new Golf World´s TOP 200 European Courses list.
Leading golf magazine, Golf World, has recently published its ‘top 200 in Europe’ list – and Palheiro Golf is one of the Portuguese courses featured.
‘This honour is especially rewarding as this year we celebrate our 20th anniversary and is the culmination of much hard work on the course recently. We now have sea views on every hole of the golf course which at an altitude of 500 meters is very unusual. Golf architect Cabel Robinson did a fantastic job with this wonderful site and has made full use of the historic setting within the 210 year old Palheiro Estate’, said Jonathan Fletcher Chairman of Palheiro Golf.
The course is now even more visually stunning with the new sea views, the mountain views and the centennial trees of Palheiro Gardens.
The “TOP 200 Golf Courses in Continental Europe” results of choices and ratings given by golf specialist journalists, being a rank conferred every two years by Golf World magazine.
Please click here for photos – https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7rg4yp83c79m453/5KOK9Dwty-
Para mais informações à imprensa, contate :
further press information please contact:
Next year, the Casa Velha do Palheiro in Madeira will celebrate 210 years of history! For this unique occasion, Palheiro Estate has created an anniversary package as well as some special offers and events to make the stays for its guests even more memorable.
We will be announcing more special events scheduled for our 210th anniversary soon, until then, please stay tuned to our website and social media for more news.
Madeira Hotel – Quinta Casa Velha do Palheiro – Luxury Spa & Golf Resort http://www.casa-velha.com/en.html
• 7 Nights in double – garden wing room with upgrade to superior – golf wing room (depending on availability on arrival.)
• Return airport transfers
• Choose between 18 holes green fee at Palheiro Golf or personalized body massage at Palheiro Spa.
• 1 Five-course menu degustation dinner at our culinary recognized restaurant created by Chef Eric Weidmann and Francisco Quintal (drinks for the meal included).
• Free entrance to Palheiro Gardens – Awarded the Relais & Chateaux best garden in 2007, and honoured with “The Garden Trophy.”
• Free Access to the Palheiro Spa wet areas.
• A memory from Madeira – The book “The Blandy story”.
Prices from: 655 Euros per person in double room
Packages are also available for single use as well as with upgrade to suites, unlimited golf, spa and with additional services.
Madeira Island Hotel – Quinta Casa Velha do Palheiro
Events October and November 2013 Madeira Island
Every year in October, Machico holds the Feast of the Lord of Miracles. However, other interesting events also take place during this month.
III Madeira Nature Festival
til 6th October
More information at: www.visitmadeira.pt
Festival of Our Lord of Miracles – Machico
8th and 9th October
More information at www.cm-machico.pt
IV Madeira Organ Festival – Funchal
18th to 28th October
More information at: http://www.festivaisculturaisdamadeira.com
Chestnut Festival – Curral das Freiras
16th International Open Bridge – Funchal
4th to 10th November
Further information at: http://www.bridge-madeira.com
For your information we now have our own youtube channel for Madeira Marlin (Balancal)
Please visit us here https://www.youtube.com/user/MadeiraMarlin
Gastronomic Weekend at Casa Velha do Palheiro – 25 and 26 October 2013
Casa Velha do Palheiro will be hosting its Gastronomic weekend on the 25th and 26th of October.
The guest chef this year will be Vítor Matos who is the Executive chef at the Casa da Calçada situated in the Douro Valley.
Vítor Matos trained in Switzerland before returning to his homeland in 1995. He has since worked in many of Portugal’s top restaurants before becoming executive chef in one of Portugal’s most iconic restaurants – the Relais and Chateaux ‘Casa da Calçada’ which has held a Michelin star since 2010.
Chef Vítor describes his style of cuisine as “a set of influences and memories, with special attention given to the quality of the products (he always tries to incorporate regional products), the sensory experience based on the five senses, and finally the techniques and technology to create evolutionary, cultural and modern cuisine.”
Joining him will be the head chefs at Casa Velha do Palheiro – Madeira born Chef Francisco Quintal and French Chef Eric Weidmann – who will be using their vast experience of Casa Velha haute cuisine whilst showcasing all the gastronomic delights the region has to offer. Especially chosen Portuguese and Madeira wines from the Blandy Wine vaults will complement this Autumnal menu.
Visitors to Madeira and Casa Velha do Palheiro are invited to make reservations for dinner at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
Price will be €75 euros per person including all wines.
If you’d like more information about this topic, please contact:
Cátia Afonso – Casa Velha do Palheiro
T. +351 291 790 350 | F. +351 291 794 925
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.palheiroestate.com
Gastronomic Weekend Package at Casa Velha do Palheiro
3 nights accommodation including breakfast
Return airport transfers
Welcome gift upon arrival
Upgrade to a Golf Wing room (subject to availability upon arrival)
Gastronomic dinner at Casa Velha dining room
Free access to Palheiro Gardens
Free access to Palheiro Spa wet areas
From 25th to 29th October 2013 - € 395,00 per person in double room
For bookings and further information please contact:
Casa Velha do Palheiro
T. +351 291 790 350 | F. +351 291 794 925
email@example.com | www.palheiroestate.com
The small town of Paul do Mar, in the western municipality of Calheta, will be the stage for this initiative organised by MADproductions in partnership with Freeride Madeira.
This acrobatic water jumping competition is a real test for the athletic capacities of each contestant in the four categories: “Summer Water Jump King”, “Best Trick”, “Big Air Jump” e “Best Crash”.
Sign up now and take part in this adventure!
Find out more at: www.summerwaterjump.com
Madeira Wine Festival
From September 1st to 8th
Part of the annual tourist entertainment calendar, the Madeira Wine Festival is celebrated every year by the time of the grape harvest in tribute to century-old precepts of the vine arts that hark back to the time when the island was first inhabited.
This festivity is intensely experienced in the parish of Estreito de Câmara de Lobos, a place where locals and visitors take part actively in this ethnographic ritual full of lively entertainment (grape harvesting parties, floats with grape pickers, the re-enactments of regional customs and ways, etc.).
On the other hand, various allegorical events are held in downtown Funchal in a party atmosphere where music and regional gastronomy are also part of the show.
Come and discover a little bit of this archipelago’s history and treat yourself to this nectar of the gods!
For further information visit the website http://www.visitmadeira.pt
1. Participação: Aberto (quem não é sócio tem que apresentar o certificado de handicap).
2. Data: 2013-09-08 (Domingo).
3. Modalidade de jogo: Four-Ball-Better-Ball 18 buracos. Competição Não Válida para handicap.
4. Equipas de 2 elementos
5. Limite de Handicap: Homens: 28; Senhoras: 36.
6. Máximo de jogadores: 100 (conta a ordem das inscrições).
7. Saídas: Shotgun às 10h15.
8. Tees de saída: Homens – Brancas / Senhoras – Azuis.
9. Inscrições: Podem ser efectuadas no Clube, através do telefone nºs 291790120/291790126, ou
através do E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Inscrições encerram às 18h00 do dia
10. Green-fee para não-sócios: € 40
11. Regras: As regras a aplicar são as aprovadas pelo Royal & Ancient Golf Club of Stº Andrews, e as
regras locais do Palheiro Golfe.
12. Empates: Em caso de empate o desempate será feito sucessivamente pelos melhores 9,6,3, e
último buraco, se o empate continuar, será declarado vencedor, o jogador com o handicap mais
13. Prémios: 1º, 2º e 3º lugar equipas + melhor equipa não-sócios ; drive mais longo e bola mais
perto ao buraco para senhores, senhoras e jovens. Entrega de prémios após o almoço (hora
estimada 17h00) Se alguma equipa com prémio a receber não estiver presente na entrega de
prémios, o prémio vai para a equipa seguinte e assim sucessivamente.
14. Anulação e /ou Alteração do Regulamento: Em qualquer altura antes do torneio começar, a
comissão Técnica reserva o direito de completar ou alterar o presente regulamento.
15. Comissão Técnica do Torneio: Humberto Jardim; Maria Stangl ; Patrícia Rodrigues; Edgar
16.Comissão de Handicaps: Pedro Ferreira; Fernanda Cuckney; Roger Smith.
Madeira Wine Open 2013
1. Participation: Open (non members have to bring a valid handicap certificate).
2. Date: 2013-09-08 (Sunday).
3. Format: Four-Ball-Better-Ball (Stableford), 18 holes. Non Qualifying Competition.
4. Teams of 2.
5. Handicap Limit: Men: 28; Ladies: 36.
6. Maximum of participants: 100 (according to their entry date)
7. Tee time: Shotgun at 10.15.
8. Tees: Men – White / Ladies – Blue.
9. Entries: in the Clubhouse, or by phone 291790126 / 291790120, or by E-mail:
email@example.com. Entry list closes on the 5th September, 2013.
11. Green-fee for non-members: € 40.
12. Rules: the rules are those approved by Royal & Ancient Golf Club of Stº Andrews, plus Palheiro
Golf local rules.
13. Ties: In the event of a tie a count back will be made, best last 9, 6, 3, and last hole, if a tie
continues the lower HCP is the Winner.
14. Prizes: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Team plus “best guest”-team, nearest to the pin and longest drive for men,
ladies and juniors. Prize giving during the lunch (estimated time 17:00). Any team/player winning a
prize has to be present at the prize giving; otherwise the prize goes to the next team/player on the
15. The committee in charge of the competition reserves the right to change or alter these
regulations at any time before a tournament.
16. Tournament Committee: Humberto Jardim, Maria Stangl; Patricia Rodrigues; Edgar Rodrigues.
17. Handicap Committee: Pedro Ferreira; Fernanda Cuckney; Roger Smith.